- Download application.
- Fill in the application form and get it verified by social service provider or community worker.
- Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be in touch within 10 working days.
- If approved, the funds will be transferred to the applicant within 3 working days
*Recipients must be Muslim & residing in New Zealand
There are 8 categories of people who are eligible to receive Zakat based on the verse of the Quran:
“Indeed, Zakat is only for the poor, the needy, those who collect it, those whose hearts are to be reconciled, to free slaves, those in debt, for the cause of Allah, and for the wayfarers; [this is] an obligation from Allah, and Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise”. – Quran 9:60
- Those in hardship & in need
- Those struggling to repay debt
- Single parents trying to make ends meet
- New Muslim brothers & sisters
We work with:
- Financial mentoring services
- Social & community workers
- Islamic organisations
To find a referee to verify your application visit: